14/10/2013

Film Treatment

I am now going to be creating a film treatment, before typing this up I first needed to research what it entails, how it is laid out on a page, the conventions and the format. I will the create the film treatment and list the conventions which we have managed to include in our own treatment.

Firstly I checked out the layout of most film treatments and I found some images of treatments which helped show how a treatment should look but i also found a website which contains treatments from existing movies like 'Terminator' these treatments were much longer than the one I was going to produce as they are all for feature length films rather than shorts. Here are some of the pictures of the treatments and the URL for existing treatments.
         

As you can see from these two treatments they can be laid out in different ways. One is broken up into scenes, the other discusses location and characters before talking about scenes.

The next part of a treatment I looked at were the conventions and I made a small spider diagram explaining some of the conventions which I thought were important to follow when producing my own

 photo 9755bf26-27dd-40bc-8120-247864dc9cc6_zpsdf988a43.jpg

Here is an embedded copy of my own film treatment which I have created for our own short film.
Film Treatment – Fate,Love,Destiny


This is an audio recording of the treatment to go alongside the text treatment

Here are the conventions underlined within my own treatment explained.



Now that the film treatment and research has been done i can now move onto creating a storyboard, which i am going to be drawing up. the film treatment should make creating the storyboard much easier as i will have an order of events to follow.